Winterfest

With the accumulation of snow at the Lawrence campus over this semester, a lot of events had to be cancelled along with the school days, Winterfest being one of them.

Winterfest went on without a hitch on the Haverhill campus, but on the day that it was suppose to take place on the Lawrence campus, NECC and New England were walloped with one of many snow storms this year. The Student Engagement Center, along with the Student Senate, wanted the event to still take place, so they worked together to get the day rescheduled.

Ari Chicklis, program assistant, said, “I wanted the event to happen, I like the student engagement. I like how it brings people together therefore it needed to happen.”

At the event, just like in Haverhill, they had a nacho bar and a hot chocolate bar.
There were lots of games to play where students could win prizes and just have a good time and get to know other students. They also had name art, where artists would paint their names using paint and shapes as opposed to directly just painting a letter.

Rebecca Tienhaara, a high school student who is dually enrolled here at NECC, said, “Its awesome there is a bunch of food and games. Plus I get to talk to a few new friends.”

Tienharra said, “I love Winterfest. It is an awesome and free spirited event.”
One of the popular events at the Lawrence Winterfest was the Wii system set up to play winter games.

Joe Torres, a nursing student who also works in the gym at the Sports and Fitness Center on the Haverhill campus really enjoys helping out.
Torres said, “I really enjoy promoting fitness and exercise. I believe in trying to help everyone stay healthy.”