PACE yourself

Program helps students succeed

As the semester slowly makes its end, the Pace program motivates students to join their program for the upcoming semester. The pace program helps students develop skills for their future career. They also help you with steps that will allow you to transfer to a four year college.They assist students with scholarships and academic assistance. The Pace program is offered to first-generation college students. They offer workshops up on blackboard when you decide to be apart of the program. The workshops include topics such as “tips on transferring” or “Smart borrowing”. Mostly life skills that will help you in the long-run. With these workshops you also receive “Pace credit” which is credit for taking out time and going through the workshop.

Sheila Corsaro who is the Pace Academic Advisor says “We support students here on campus and we hope they realize we want them to succeed. Our goal is also to help them to learn to advocate for themselves later on.”Catherine Ramos a graduated nursing student at Northern Essex says “ I’ve had friends who have mentioned that the resources available are very beneficial to their advancement in their careers. I wish I would’ve done it.

Luisamaria Cruz a current dental student here at Northern Essex also says “I think its great that Pace program steps up to the plate to help those students who need that support system. I will definitely be considering for next semester.”The Pace program is located in both the Haverhill and Lawrence campus. For more information or to be apart of the program contact Pace director Kristen Arnold at karnold@necc.mass.edu.