NECC Observer

The student news website of Northern Essex Community College, Haverhill and Lawrence, Mass.

A pandemic sort of poem?

How do I keep myself grounded when the world keeps spinning out of control ?

As the days get shorter and the nights get longer, I begin to lose my balance.

It was finally supposed to be my year.

This wasn’t what I had in mind.

All the empty halls that I was supposed to be walking through. Reminds me of all the opportunities that have been removed.

I’m losing track of the days , somehow they all feel the same.  Wake up, thank god, sit, and rest.  Wishing I was the hole in the wall, at least it’s free from this anxiety induced mess. Don’t get me wrong I love my home, but too much of something can make you feel sick.

Once throughout the day I let out a big smile as if everything was normal, but then I quickly remember.

I wish I could forget. I wish I could go out and not think about the consequences.

Just take me back to those moments that I took for granted.

That distant memory that keeps cascading in the burrows of my mind. Have we always lived this way?

With this much fear of the unknown. I guess we all have problems of our own. Tik tok. I’m reminded of the time.

Months go by and no good news insight.

Tired of turning the news on at night and hearing that the  death tolls , and infections have risen.

I just wanted to be a reckless teen, to actually know what college freedom is.

Guess I’ll test my luck next year but for now I’ll just wake up, thank god, sit, and rest.