Here comes the snow

As December rolls on and winter comes, the weather is something that plays a huge factor, especially in the freezing Massachusetts.

The cold weather along with the good chance of snow plays a big role in everyone’s lives, with navigation and work possibly being the most affected.

And while some may love the snowy and cold weather, others may not take a liking to it as much.

Arianna Stevens, an economics major, thinks the snow and the cold has been a burden for a while.

“The snow can be bothersome. It covers the roads and makes it a lot tougher to go to work, go shopping, and run other errands. It overall becomes a nuisance for many,” Stevens said. “ I don’t really mind the cold. You can just bundle up for the cold pretty easily, and I do not work outside either. But when it snows it’s a whole nother story”

When asked about  moving to another state Stevens said “I would definitely consider it as I get older. Massachusetts has provided a lot of good things. But warmer weather and less snow is something I think many people would rather opt for.”

In the week of Dec. 13 to Dec. 20, there is expected to be some snow at the start of the week. But during midweek, around Wednesday to Thursday,  a nor’easter is expected to hit Massachusetts, with a possibility of up to a foot of snow expected. This could cause problems for many with work, school, or everyday errands.”

But there are many who do also enjoy the snow as well. Nicholas Anderson, an exercise science major, does not really mind the snow at all

“ Snow is fine to me honestly. It’s something that does not happen too often, and a lot of other states do not really experience it as much either. I don’t mind appreciating it,” Anderson said. “ I know it causes some problems sometimes, but I still appreciate it. Enjoy it for the couple months it’s present.”

Eddie Cohen, an economics major, sees the pros and cons of the snow, and understands both sides. “I think when we were all in school from preschool to senior year of high school, we all sort of rooted for the snow to come. Many because of the snow days, and some just enjoyed the snow as well,” Cohen said. “But as we get older and have responsibilities, I think snow becomes more of a burden, with getting to work, cleaning your car, clearing out roads, flights and other things.”

As the snow starts to approach and the cold weather increases, weather becomes much more of a factor now then in the other three seasons. It brings mixed reviews all around as it’ll help some but hurt others.

“Unfortunately when you’re an adult, those snow days pretty much vanish when you have more responsibilities and bills to pay,” Cohen said.