My top two places in Lawrence that offer birria tacos

Birria tacos from El Patron
Birria tacos Courtesy of El Patron website

If this picture made your mouth water then you are one out of the millions who have been affected by the birria taco craze.This new birria taco trend has recently taken the world by storm but Ironically it has been around since the early 2000s. Originating from Tijuana Mexico these crunchy and savory tacos will surely make your stomach sing with joy.

Since the craze I have tried a variety of different restaurants in Lawrence and have compiled them into my top twos.

El Patron logo
Courtesy of El Patron Instagram

#1 El Patron Grill and Cantina

Located in 169 East St Methuen MA 01844; El Patron Grill and Cantina stands as number one in my list. Their birria tacos price ranges around $13 for a set of three and their customer service skills are top tier. I would recommend everyone to give these a try first.

Coco Ray's logo
Coco Ray’s

#2 CocoRay’s

CocoRay’s is a NECC known restaurant that holds two separate locations, one in 197 Parker St, and the other in the Lawrence campus.  Their Puerto Rican take on the Mexican dish is something I didn’t know I needed. Their price also ranges to be around $13, and it’s a must to pair it with their signature Parcha juice.

The Birria Tacos business seems to be fast growing so I wouldn’t be surprised if I have to update my list a couple times.