What is NECC Watching: Fall 2021 Edition

Throughout the pandemic, and in general, movies and TV have always been very important to me in an artistic manner. Thus, I’m always interested in knowing what other people have been watching. This is the Fall 2021 edition of “What Has NECC Been Watching?”

Kim Lyng, the Liberal Arts Program Coordinator at NECC, enjoys watching “Ted Lasso,” a series on Apple TV+. She likes the aspect of how all of the characters are very different, but they still work well with and listen to each other. “I think the show came along when we all needed a reminder of this, that kindness can go a long way to understanding.” says Lyng. Personally, I have heard great things about “Ted Lasso,” and I love her take on the series, as I think that now in our country more than ever, it’s important for all of us to push aside differences, and try to alleviate how divided we all can be at times. Lyng has worked in TV news in the past, and she also recently watched “The Morning Show,” also on Apple TV+. “The Morning Show” follows a fictional TV news outlet, and all of the drama that occurs behind the scenes. “…Some of the show rang true, but on a much more dramatic scale!” says Lyng.

Isa Grullon, Editor-in-Chief here at The Observer, recently watched “You,” on Netflix. “I think when a show like this that has a very specific plot, it can get old really quickly, but I think this third season was really well done. It stayed true to the original, but still felt fresh to the audience.”

As for myself, I love Lady Gaga. I recently saw the movie, “House of Gucci,” in theater. I think her performance was awesome in the movie. Check out my full review of “House of Gucci” at Fandomize Media (fandomize.com). I watched the “One Last Time” concert featuring Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett. “One Last Time” was a concert that they performed at in August, and it was filmed for a TV special, which aired on Sunday night. It was such an emotional and moving last hurrah for Bennett, and of course, they both killed it as always! “One Last Time” is now available to stream on Paramount+.