Life vs. travel

With all of the factors at play in your everyday life, it is hard to just pick up your bags and travel.

The typical job would not help you have any available time to actually go on this trip, especially if you are trying to actually experience the location of interest.

If you are a student and also working then this available time is dramatically decreased. Although there are plenty of options to go abroad within some colleges, it isn’t always possible with rent that needs to be paid, family that needs to be taken care of, as well as many other more extreme factors like an older family member who is not at the peak of their health.

A graduate of UMass Amherst named David Rouleau is playing his bass guitar as he stops after being questioned on the matter at hand and says, “I just got my passport for the first time a few days ago and have no trip in mind, but I have never been outside of the country and only been off of the east coast twice. I have felt the need to see the world my whole life, but never had the opportunity. Now with my passport I feel like it will be much easier to be spontaneous.”

Getting ready to go even with no trip in mind plays a huge role in giving yourself opportunity, but god knows how annoying it is to get this passport. Fear leads people to be nervous before being spontaneous.

This is not always the case because circumstances can help people get up and go.

A man named Jack Dalton finds his way into his garage and opens the door as he explains his traveling experience, “I was lucky that I grew up with my dad having been born in Ireland and always wanting to go back to be with our family. My grandmother is at an age now where he feels the need to be with her as much as possible and having her come here is no longer an option. I honestly can’t even count how many times I have been overseas now and I cannot wait to go again.”

Dalton’s point of view is not the average as he has been to Europe over 6 times, but also said that he had a lot of gratitude for the position that he has been given.

A graduate of Northeastern, Nicole St. Germain has also gone overseas plenty of times while also working a fulltime job at a few different fortune 500 companies over the years.

She took her life by the wheel and worked very hard to be where she is today. St. Germain sits at the dining table awaiting the food to be ready and says, “Everywhere I have been was unique and holds very important memories that I would not give up for anything. I feel that it was hard for me to make time for those trips, but that is a huge part of what I work for.”

She did not have as many opportunities to do what other people can with a lot of money so she set goals for herself and reached them.

Everybody wants to travel and it is almost a necessity as it could change your perspective for the better no matter where you go.

Not everybody may be naturally spontaneous, but there could be missed memories and regrets by not trying to be.

Nobody will regret what they did not buy in life, they will regret where they have not gone.