Club collecting donations

Donations to help homeless in the Haverhill area

The Respiratory Care Club has teamed up to provide a mitten/scarf drive as well as a canned food drive. Their boxes are in place until the end of November.

All of the donations are going to the Emmaus House in Haverhill.

Emmaus House is a homeless shelter, which provide housing and services to homeless adul and families.

They work to end homelessness, and offer job training.

Tours at the Emmaus House are held every First Tuesday and second Wednesday of every month, for those who are interested. Emmausin.org says “More than 92 cents out of every dollar we receive goes directly toward our programs.”

Ivan De La Rosa a communication/Journalism major at Northern Essex says “The food and clothing drive is a step to a better unity in each other. We are better together.”

Jorge Polanco a psychology major here at Northern essex says “This is a great project, to see people helping out in the community, especially for a great cause, it gives me pure joy to see this college help out.”

Janiliz Gonzalez a current human services major at Northern Essex says ¨It is so heartwarming to hear about a food and clothing drive here at our college. I love the fact that people want to help out, and if I have the chance I will too.¨