Knights volleyball, rally, but fall short at Brockton

On Tuesday Oct 18, NECC Knights lost three sets to two against Massasoit Community College in Brockton.

The Knights lost the first set 25-10, they lost the second set 25-20, the Knights won the third and the forth set identical 25-18 but they felt short in the fifth set 15 to 7.

The game officially started 7:40.

Warriors was up in fast gate against the Knights.

Warriors scored the first six point to begin the game before the Knights scored the next two.

The Knights was down by 12 they were losing 14 to 4 when assistant head coach Marissa Reardon called a timeout.

“I don’t know, I don’t have really excuses for that but I guess we just didn’t played our best I told them and they need to step it up for the rest of the sets,” said assistant head coach Marissa Reardon of Lawrence.

Kaithlene Perez-Flores of Lowell spike the ball for a few times during the first set but it was out and the warriors was awarded with the point.

The Knights didn’t have nothing to show for in the first set as they were losing 19 to 5.

The Knights got three more point but the deficit was to large for the Knights.

The Knights lost the first set 25-10 against Massasoit.

Knights vs Massasoit volleyball
Knights vs Massasoit volleyball Photo by Editor-in-Chief / Sports Editor Jose Rodriguez

In the second set the Knights had their first lead of the game by scoring the first two points.

Warriors tied but the Knights bounce back by scoring the next seven points the Knights were on a 10-2 run against Warriors.

“Yeah, I think on that one we were starting to get our stamina back and I feel like some games you have a really rough first set and as the sets goes on they started to wake up a little bit more so that’s what happened on that set,” she said.

The Knights was up 12 to 4 the Knights was up by eight.

The scored was 14 to 9 when Anny Lommete of Lawrence pass out.

It was a long delay the referee told both teams to practice for a little before play resume.

Warriors was on a 5-0 run to tied the game at fourteen and they took the lead.

The Knights was down by three when they tied the game at 18.

The Warriors was on a 7-2 run to finished the second set.

In the third set the Knights was down a little early losing 6 to 3.

The Knights were working hard to set the points that they needed as they were down a run 9 to 8 in favor of the warriors.

The Knights tied the game at 9 and took the lead.

Eventually it was a back and forth game in the third set.

A miscommunication of the Knights Warriors took advantage to tied at 14.

The Knights was in a run as they increased their lead to six the Knights was up 20 to 14.

The Knights increased their advantage as they were three points away from winning the third set.

The Knights won set three 25-18.

In the forth set the Knights was on a 6-2 run to start the set.

Warriors tied the game at eight.

The Knights and Warriors played back and forth game.

The Knights was up by two as they increased their lead to four.

Warriors was fighting back a little but the Knights never quite as they were up 20 to 15 they were five points away from forcing a set five in Brockton.

They did just that the Knights came back down two sets to none to force a decisive set five.

I ask assistant head coach Reardon how big was coming down two sets to none and hopefully winning the fifth set that they came close but they didn’t ?

“I mean I don’t know I feel after the middle two sets were identical. I felt like the girls did very well they just kept their stamina up they work on communicating” Reardon said. “I felt like they played okay for the fifth set but I definitely see them play a little bit harder in the first set,” she said.

The Knights are looking to comeback two sets to none and win the game just like the did over the weekend on Oct. 15 against Bulldogs on their first game of the tri-match.

When the fifth and final set of the game begins the warrior scored the first two before the Knights scored a point.

The Knights was losing 10 to 6.

Knights comeback felt short in Brockton as they lost the fifth set 15 to 7.