Life changes post-virus

Salisbury, Massachusetts– Coronavirus, or COVID-19 has been traumatizing the globe since December 2019. As the virus continues to spread around the world, killing hundreds of thousands and infecting millions more, there is no certainty of when this will end. As we look towards the future, I think a lot of us have a similar question: how will life resume when this is over, and whats going to be different? Some people believe that there will be a significant impact.  

I really think that the way we interact with each other for at least this generation is going to change completely,” said Gerald McCoy, 27, a journeyman plumber. Before this, you see a friend or family member, and you greet them with a hug or handshake. I really think people are going to be freaked out for a while, and will probably continue to maintain distance from other people. Maybe businesses might have to follow new rules too. I guess well see.”  

Though some may believe things will change, others do not.  

I dont think anything will change, and to be frank with you this whole thing is kinda ridiculous,” said Robert Moughan, 43, a truck driver. We have had diseases like this before, and they go away. Its happened a lot, nothinwill be different after this.” 

There definitely are mixed opinions on how the world will resume. A lot of answers lean towards what will happen with businesses, and what they may change moving forward.  

I think a lot of businesses will have to drastically change their day to day operations to make sure everyone remains safe,” said Ally Witham, 20, a hair stylist. I can imagine there will be strict restrictions on how many people can be in one area at a time, which will make it so there are much less people around than were normally used to.” 

There are quite a few different opinions on just exactly what may happen post COVID-19. In these uncertain times, it seems all we can do is speculate and wait for further developments.