Fun with Art Club

Northern Essex Community College’s art club was formed in the fall semester of 2020, holding meetings over zoom.

The club is planning more in person meetings.

Currently art club meetings are being held every Wednesday from 7-8 p.m. over zoom with the exception of holidays.

The club adviser is Tiffany Esmerio, the Coordinator of Orientation and Student Transitions.

The club was formed at the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic and had to meet over zoom.

Meetings consist of the club presenting a powerpoint over zoom featuring upcoming events on campus as well as the activity that will be performed during the meeting.

When attending a meeting on Feb. 22 the activity for the class was making masquerade masks for the upcoming prom.

Throughout the class video tutorials were presented to help members get ideas and inspiration for their projects.

Students do not have to come to every meeting. The amount of attendants of the meeting has fluctuated depending on how busy the time of year it is, people are welcome to come to the club whenever they want, there is no requirement of people having to attend.

“My favorite thing about the art club has to be the friends I’ve made, the confidence I have gained, and how much I have grown as a leader. I don’t think I would have met half of the people at NECC if it wasn’t for this club, and I have rediscovered my passion for art once I took on my role as an officer.” says Kendall Tobin a Liberal Arts major. “My favorite thing about Art Club is the amount of diverse ways that members can creatively express themselves in different art forms, like collaging, drawing, origami, etc. Also, the activities allow art club members to think outside of the box and enjoy getting even more creative.” says Yomberly Rodriguez an Art and Design major.

“My favorite thing as the Art Club adviser is being able to connect with students over a shared love of art in our own micro-community. I enjoy learning just as much from them as I hope they do from me. It’s also a pleasure to help give members the opportunities to take different leadership roles and responsibilities,” says Tiffany Esmerio.

If someone is interested in joining NECC art club they can email neccartclub@necc.com. The club also has a tiktok and Instagram @neccartclub, as well as a Facebook titled NECC ART CLUB.